- FREE LABOR- Recruit friends and family also known as free labor. In my case it was my sisters’ future in laws, my other sister and
- I had 3 nieces who saved the day 100 times over. Do not rely on friends bc during this time friends maybe suspect. Nieces and sisters are usually A1 from Day 1.
- VENUE- Once that phone call and text has been sent for HELP. Next step is to obtain a venue 911! Be flexible on the day to get married. Saturday should not even be on the table because the price is always super high. The last wedding, I assisted with was on a Friday-perfect if you trying to Par -ty which they were. (See Picture… ) Put deposit on venue
- immediately and start making payments weekly or bi-weekly, nobody has time for big final payments. Remember we are on a budget and a short time frame. This is not the time to be wishing on lottery winnings and overtime pay. Lets just be smart-PAYMENT PLANS AND DO NOT STOP UNTIL PAID IN FULL.
5. SEATING- If you lucky enough the venue will have chairs in the color of your desire if not, chair covers or rent wooded chairs the price comes out about the same. If you training to TURN UP wood chairs or facility chairs because the feel is better. If you use the venue chairs the linen company will allow you to pick up linen and that saves $35-$50.
6. INVITATIONS- Ok one of the things I learned from this last event from the Millennials is instead of sending out traditional invitations to your friends (aged 20-35) send invites via Facebook. Believe or not that works!!!! Order traditional invitations for the other age group with card insert with website RSVP. The stamps, time and invitations savings is out the ROOF. Saved $200.00
7. DECORATIONS- Locate a discount flower warehouse. Online or in person. I am hands on so I went to the warehouse. Savings and selection were phenomenal. Plus if you got a tax
identification number you do not pay taxes. 1 visit and I had 89% of what I needed for centerpieces and place sittings. All remaining items needed I hit online shopping. People love amazon but I say go to specific vendors for certain things like lights or table runners and then hit amazon for the rest. All decorations can be done with less than $1k and in 1 week. As a matter of fact we had double center pieces and party favors included. To add realness to it buy greener from florist on day of event and add to each center piece.😉
8. MUSIC-Let’s see musical entertainment. At least every other person know a DJ.
I think that this is one of the most important aspects of the wedding reception because the DJ sets the tone and is also MC ing. Pay like you weigh on this one but also consider you can barter this service or get on an extended friendship FAM cousin payment plan. Work your Jelly on this.
9. Cake – Easy Piezy. #1 you probably only going to get that one piece you share so be only
concerned about the presentation of the cake. You got a lot of options: (1) Walmart they make good tasty wedding cakes with the right cook. (2) Meijer make good cakes. (3) Go to the bakery of your dream and have the top two layers of cake as fake layers and the bottom one real. Serve it until it is gone.
10. Photographer and Videographer. In our case we were lucky because a niece was a photographer. Believe it or not those disposable cameras are still on amazon for $65.00. Use them and insist that people turn those in to the gift table before they leave. I had researched as a Plan B to hire a local photography school
student(s) that would do the gig for $100.00 and videographer for $100.00 so hire 2 each of them plus disposable cameras and you covered. Total $465.00 when normally those services are $1500 together.
11. FOOD- Serve Finger food and tell your mom/dad or auntie to pay for that. That should not be a problem, you got the rest. Oh champagne if you buy more than 10 bottles just at local liquor warehouse they will discount you $2.00 a bottle off medium to top shelf champagne. WINNING
Go into your marriage and new life without all of this debt to payoff for 5 years for an event that last 5 hours.
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOU NUPTIALS
LIKE, COMMENT AND SHARE ON FACEBOOK